Opportunities for Young Cartoonists
I’ve recently been made aware of a couple of opportunities for young cartoonists that look exciting.
Firstly, there is the Graphic Novel course run by the Arvon Foundation. The course tutors are Bryan Talbot, Hannah Berry and Katie Green. This is a residential course, so it can get kinda pricy, so they encourage people to apply for a grant to help lighten the load. The course is run in rural shropshire and runs from the 17th until the 22nd October. Certainly worth applying for.
The second is that the London Print Studio is offering internships;
- Receive mentoring from top professional comic artists, anthology makers, screenwriters, comic publishers, print makers and art educators.
- Run comic workshops for 16–20 year olds.
- Develop your own artistic comic projects with supervision from mentors and feedback from your fellow interns.
- Be introduced to the London comic scene, attend events, give presentations, network and meet publishers, editors and creators in the comic industry.
- Take part in editing, planning and creating work for a comic anthology publication and a comic exhibition at londonprintstudio